David R. Andersen, Ph.D.
Nonlinear optics; quantum electronics; solid state; embedded systems.
- Parametric solitons, nonlinear optical crossbar switch, passive and adaptive nonlinear optical equalizer, 4-pi confocal nonlinear optical microscopy
- Applications include long-haul telecommunications systems, embedded wireless communications
- Professor with appointments in the departments of Electrical and Computer Engineering and in Physics and Astronomy
- Facilities include an 1100 sq. ft. lab, with a 100 femtosec Ti:Sapphire laser system and other sources for nonlinear optics
- Students also interact with a theoretical wireless group from Electrical Engineering, medical group from Optical Science and Technology Center
- Optics and Photonics