The University of Iowa College of Liberal Arts and Sciences, Department of Physics and Astronomy has developed a Quality Management System (QMS) intended to comply with the ISO9001 standard as it applies to our development of spaceflight scientific instrumentation.
The Quality Assurance Manager (QAM) determines the effectiveness and compliance of the Quality Management System to the ISO 9001 standard. The QAM facilitates the inspection and provides technical oversight to the manufacturing build and testing on mechanical, electronic components, assemblies, and products.
The QAM is responsible for developing, implementing, and maintaining quality documentation for the spaceflight projects and service centers.
The UI top level quality documents:
- UI-PAD-001 Quality Management Policy
- UI-PAD-002 Configuration Management Plan
- UI-PAD-003 Test & Measuring Equipment Control
- UI-PAD-004 Electrostatic Discharge Plan
- UI-PAD-005 Contamination Control Plan
- UI-PAD-006 Software Quality Plan
UI Quality Assurance Procedures (QAP) describe how UI will meet the requirements of the QMS and provide the necessary work instruction for completing activities.
- Past projects: Radar for Icy Moons Exploration (RIME) instrumentation on the JUpiter ICy moons Explorer (JUICE) spacecraft.
Send job tickets to firstname.lastname@example.org
Department of Physics and Astronomy
510 Van Allen Hall
Iowa City, IA 52242