Ph.D., City University of New York, 1978
Experimental elementary particle physics.
- Physics immediately following the Big Bang
- Physics projects at LHC (ATLAS experiment at CERN's Large Hadron Collider); Work on Silicon Pixel detector and its upgrade; Upgrade of Liquid Argon Electromagnetic Calorimeter
- R&D on the Future Electron Positron Linear Collider (at SLAC National Accelerator Laboratory and CERN)
- Students start with courses and initial research at Iowa, then move to a major lab to complete their thesis research
- Students develop skills in fast electronics, real-time data processing, and software
- Employment opportunities in academia, major labs, industry