Ravitej Uppu, Ph.D.
Quantum information; light-matter Interactions; nanophotonics; quantum coherent control; single emitter spectroscopy;
- Single- and entangled-photon generation from quantum dots
- Coherent quantum control of semiconductor qubits
- Design and fabrication of nanophotonic light-matter interfaces (waveguides, cavities) in dielectric media
- Wavefront control of quantum light for secure communication
- Benchmark fundamental limits on quantum algorithms imposed by physical implementation of qubits
- Students learn to design and build cryogenic optical microscopy setups for investigating quantum nature of emission from single emitters
- Students are involved in the design and can learn to use micro-/nano-fabrication facilities at MATFab
- Students gain hands-on experience with ultrafast lasers, multiphoton correlation measurements using state-of-the-art experimental hardware
- Students learn to develop projects independently while communicating and working with local and international collaborators as well as publish and present at conferences.
- Condensed Matter and Materials Physics
- Optics and Photonics
- Quantum Information