Paul Kleiber, Ph.D.
Atmospheric physics; chemical physics.
- Laboratory studies of the optical and chemical properties of mineral dust and carbonaceous dust aerosols
- Theoretical modeling for light scattering and absorption by aerosols
- Laboratory studies of gas phase and heterogeneous chemical processes and reaction dynamics
- Laser spectroscopy
- Two labs: Major instruments include tunable Nd:YAG-pumped OPOs, a time-of-flight mass spectrometer, aerosol generation & characterization instrumentation, FTIR and UV-vis spectrometers, an environmental simulation chamber
- Students use varied experimental techniques for aerosol characterization and chemical processing, laser scattering studies, mass-spectrometry, and spectroscopy, and also carry out theoretical modeling studies
- Atmospheric and Environmental Physics
- Optics and Photonics