Kenneth G. Gayley, Ph.D.
Radiative transfer; radiation hydrodynamics; spectral line diagnostics
- Theory Topics: highly supersonic stellar winds accelerated by photon pressure; radiation transport in stellar atmospheres and disks; how massive stars lose mass prior to a supernova
- Simulation Topics: colliding winds in hot-star binaries, radiation transport in outflows from stars
- Students may participate in international collaboration in stellar research
- Students' experience in writing dynamic numerical simulations prepares them for positions either as academic postdocs or as software specialists in industry
- Astronomy and Astrophysics
- Space Physics