John P. Prineas, Ph.D.
Semiconductor materials and nanophotonics
- Short-, mid-, and long-wave infrared semiconductor optoelectronics and photonics
- Carrier dynamics and transport in semiconductor superlattices, nanowires, heterostructures
- Photonic engineering at the nano- to micro-scale: plasmonics, metamaterials, cavities
- Electronic engineering in semiconductor heterostructures
- Materials for optical sensing (environment, health, defense, and autonomous driving), quantum information
- Facilities include ultrafast optics labs, use of the Molecular Beam Epitaxy Facility for III-V semiconductor growth, and the MATfab for materials micro- and nano-fabrication and imaging.
- Students on a research team, learn modeling and experimental techniques such as epitaxial growth, micro/nanofabrication, and optical spectroscopy, are supported by research assistantships, publish and present at national\international conferences
- Condensed Matter and Materials Physics
- Optics and Photonics