Casey DeRoo, Ph.D.
Research Interests: High Energy Astrophysics, Astronomical Instrumentation
- X-ray spectroscopy of supernova remnants
- Instrument design / raytracing for sounding rockets, CubeSats, Explorer, and flagship missions
- X-ray grating fabrication and testing
- Grazing incidence mirrors
- Identification of unusual astronomical sources using machine learning
- Students interact with collaborators at NASA, Harvard-Smithsonian, and other institutions around the world.
Teaching Interests: Introductory Astronomy, Professional Development for Graduate Students
- Astronomy and Astrophysics
- Space Physics