Graduate Study: How to Apply
Step 1: Complete the online application, selecting for your Department/Program of choice.
Before you start the online application, have the following ready:
- The names and email addresses of your 3 references
- GRE scores (by visiting the ETS web site)
- TOEFL score report (if you are an international student)
Step 2: Download the Supplemental Application Form and Graduate Funding Application Form.. Links to the relevant forms are below.
TOEFL score is required: We accept the IELTS exam in lieu of the TOEFL. Admitted students normally have a TOEFL score of 100 or higher.
GRE score is required. The Physics Subject GRE score is not required, but is highly recommended.
- Fall admission: January 15
- Spring admission: October 1 (TA/RA stipends are not usually available for spring admission)
If you have a question, contact our Department's Admissions Coordinator, Jeanne Mullen.