Graduate Study: How to Apply
Step 1: Complete the online application, selecting for your Department/Program of choice.
Before you start the online application, have the following ready:
- The names and email addresses of your 3 references
- GRE scores (by visiting the ETS web site)
- TOEFL score report (if you are an international student)
Step 2: Download the Supplemental Application Form and Graduate Funding Application Form.. Links to the relevant forms are below.
TOEFL score is required: We accept the IELTS exam in lieu of the TOEFL. Admitted students normally have a TOEFL score of 100 or higher.
GRE score is required. The Physics Subject GRE score is not required, but is highly recommended. The PhD qualifying exam is waived for students with a Physics Subject GRE score of 630 or higher.
- Fall admission: January 15
- Spring admission: October 1 (TA/RA stipends are not usually available for spring admission)
If you have a question, contact our Department's Graduate Program Coordinator, Jeanne Mullen.