John A. Goree
Ph.D., Princeton University, 1985
Experimental plasma physics; biomedical applications of plasmas; soft condensed matter physics.
- Dusty plasma, strongly-coupled plasma, optical diagnostics of plasmas, waves, biomedical applications of plasma
- Physics problems are interdisciplinary: condensed matter and plasma physics; experiments involve direct comparisons to theory
- Experiments are performed in our labs. Data from experiments on the International Space Station (ISS) are also analyzed.
- Two labs with plasma chambers and optical diagnostics
- Students also interact with group members including a research scientist and postdoc; other faculty and research scientists; collaborators in other countries
- Students develop skills including design, construction, and operation of: vacuum, electronic, optical, and laser systems; programming in various languages; image analysis